[Qgis-developer] Buffering/caching/auto-saving vector styles

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Sat Mar 1 04:33:30 PST 2014

Hi All,
Sorry about the repeat, but Nathan felt I was hijacking his thread.
Apologies.

If there are going to be modifications done to styling, please consider
adding a feature whereby the various styles chosen or experimented with,
are auto-saved for that mapsheet (perhaps in your project files).
I find when editing, edge-matching or QAing various mapsheets, I want to
easily switch between styles - I might choose "single symbol" for the
map I am editing, but "rule-based" for the adjoining maps. Rule based
choices would change depending on scenarios, so it does not make sense
to save a rule-based set (I could end up with too many).
So, what I am seeking is the ability to switch between the 5 style
categories, and not lose the ones I may have set up a few minutes ago.
If I close QGIS, and come back to the project later, I would like to see
the last styles I had set up for a mapsheet, still be available when I
click through the style options.

Hope I'm making myself clear.
Thanks & regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Service

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za