[Qgis-developer] What about a qgis project add function ?

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Sun Mar 2 09:27:15 PST 2014

I suggest a slightly different approach (which may not be all that different once the details are  worked out?)

A project stores lots of info about more items than just a layer... but I often want to add a layer with the same style, actions, label, etc settings to several projects, or just to the current canvas without changing what is already in the canvas.

Does it seem useful to others to be able to store such info in a "layer setup" file rather than a QGIS project file, so layers can be opened with all such info attached & optionally read on opening?

Regards,

  Brent Wood