[Qgis-developer] Sale dependent visibility

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Sun Mar 2 11:39:38 PST 2014

Hi Andrea,
interesting feature. However, we should find a simple UI that keeps it
simple for common users (a dropdown "advanced" box) . I would use it a lot
(water courses and river are somewhat fractals and need special scale
dependent symbols).
I think we should share that with Martin Dobias who is thinking a legend
refactoring. Here we have a scale dependent legend. I other use cases, we
have data dependent legend. So IMHO, QGIS really need now another type of
legend, ie a legend generated on the base of the currently rendered
features. Data and expressions, and scale dependent symbol are not
predicatable, so we probably need to render the datas, and then render a
legend (except for determinist predefined legends)
Cheers
Régis