[Qgis-developer] Options:CRS:default datum transformations

Leyan ouyang.leyan.ml at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:54:47 PDT 2014

When you have a project with two layers in different datum and OTF
transformation enabled, a dialog appears to ask how to transform between
the two datums. Try it with a layer in WGS84 and a layer in Beijing 1954
for example.

Once this datum transformation is chosen, it will be saved in this
"Default datum transformations" list visible in the options. The - icon
allows to remove a default datum transformation. The + icon seems to not
have any effect for the moment. I expect someday it will allow to define
directly a default datum transformation from the options?

I think this feature is very important but still needs a lot of polish
to be actually usable, and should be hidden from the next release if the
interface is not improved.

Regards,

Leyan