[Qgis-developer] Qgis-Processing (former Sextante) has two bug trackers

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 24 11:02:19 PDT 2014

On 03/24/2014 05:10 AM, Filipe Dias wrote:
> Hi
>
> QGIS-Processing (former Sextante) has open tickets on two bugtrackers:
>
> - the plugin bug tracker, built when it was a plugin, but with a lot of
> active tickets -> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/sextante/activity
>
> - the main bug tracker with a few open tickets ->
> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues
>
> I understand those two can't be merged in one go, because the
> plugin-bugtracker has categories (QGIS-Processing SAGA GIS, QGIS-Processing
> GRASS GIS etc) that don't fit in the main bug tracker. But this should be
> solved ASAP, because the current situation is quite confusing
>
> Regards
> F.

I'm of the opinion that the tracker should continue to be the Plugin
tracker, not the main QGIS tracker. So I'd propse moving any
Sextante/Processing tickets from the main or linking them into the
Plugin tracker.

To me it's still a plugin, just a core plugin but big enough that it's
really a subproject. If we wanted to move the Plugin tracker as a
sub-project of QGIS that would also make sense.

Also Processing bugs aside from Processing not loading aren't
showstoppers for release.

Thanks,
Alex