[Qgis-developer] Vienna hackfest: QGIS Legend discussion

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:16:44 PDT 2014

Hi Vienna hackfest participants

tomorrow (Wednesday) I would like to have a session on QGIS Legend
(the thing on the left side of map canvas) and its future - starting
from 10:00. I am planning some refactoring of the legend widget and it
would be great to discuss various possible future use cases - the
refactoring may help to make our dreams come true :-)

Some items from my wishlist:
- make legend available in GUI library
- split legend into model/view architecture
- allow more flexible display of symbology in legend
- make legend easily customizable
- inline editing of symbols

Cheers
Martin