[Qgis-developer] Plugin approval: current state

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Mar 26 05:52:24 PDT 2014

Hi all.
Just to let everybody know: I'm going on testing and approving plugins.
This is my workflow:
* check that a link is present for main info (code repo, bugtracker,
home page)
* check that the links are correct
* if not, write the author
* check that the plugin has nothing unusual (e.g. we have an apprently
simple plugin with a 2.5 Mb resources file, mostly binary)
* case, ask
* if necessary, ask for sample data
* check installation and basic functioning
* open tickets as appropriate.
If/when all goes well, I approve the plugin. If I find not too serious
bugs during the above process, I flag it as experimental.
A problem I'm encountering is that many authors do not reply to email,
so we have to decide what to do in these cases (maybe approve the plugin
as deprecated?).
Any suggestion on how to improve the workflow, or help in checking, will
be appreciated.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu