[Qgis-developer] Fwd: [gdal-dev] Call for discussion on RFC 46: GDAL/OGR unification

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu May 8 01:38:19 PDT 2014

Le jeudi 08 mai 2014 07:56:23, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
> Il 08/05/2014 00:28, Even Rouault ha scritto:
> > This might be of interest for the OGR provider in QGIS.

It depends on how much you want to use the new capababilities. A first step
would be to remove all the metadata about OGR drivers that have been added to
the QGIS code base (extensions, creation options) to use the equivalent new
metadata capabilities of OGR drivers, that would also include open options.
A further step would be to handle mixed raster&vector data containers as a
single dataset.

--
Geospatial professional services