[Qgis-developer] python: no module name core

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue May 20 09:21:29 PDT 2014

Hi,

I also have troubles with Python plugins and bindings. For example build failed
with error

[  6%] Generating ui_frmVectorGrid.py
An unexpected error occurred.
Check that you are using the latest version of PyQt and send an error report to
support at riverbankcomputing.com, including the following information:

  * your version of PyQt (4.9.1)
  * the UI file that caused this error
  * the debug output of pyuic4 (use the -d flag when calling pyuic4)
An unexpected error occurred.
Check that you are using the latest version of PyQt and send an error report to
support at riverbankcomputing.com, including the following information:

  * your version of PyQt (4.9.1)
  * the UI file that caused this error
  * the debug output of pyuic4 (use the -d flag when calling pyuic4)
make[2]: *** [python/plugins/fTools/tools/ui_frmVectorGrid.py] Error 1
make[2]: *** [python/plugins/fTools/tools/ui_frmRandom.py] Error 1
make[1]: *** [python/plugins/fTools/tools/CMakeFiles/fTools-tools-stageinstall.dir/all]
Error 2

This is strange, as my system has Qt 4.8.2 not 4.9.1 Cleant rebuild
and install doesn't
helps.

> This seems to be due to my changes today, although I'm not sure what is
> going on unless I stuffed up the cmake files.
>
> qgis.core is now a package i.e folder and it imports the sip modules, now
> called _core, _gui, etc.
>
> For some reason the package is missing the core, gui, package folders.
>
> - Nathan
>

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> it works fine here
>>
>> It might be that you have a plugin that has a package called qgis, which
>> might be shadowing the core one.

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> From python console, running from qgis.core import * gives:
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qgis/__init__.py", line 36, in
>>> <module>
>>>     from qgis.core import QgsFeature, QgsGeometry
>>> ImportError: No module named core
>>>
>>> Any idea what's going on?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Denis