[Qgis-developer] [Plugin presentation] LayerBender

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Mon May 26 12:18:03 PDT 2014

Dear lists,

I'm happy to present my new plugin called "LayerBender".

It's purpose is to allow to align/distort vector layers to match a source,
very much like georefencer does for raster. It seems ArcGIS and OpenJump
call this feature "Rubber sheeting".

Demonstration video : https://vimeo.com/96142479

I needed this in a project I'm working on to align some already digitized
historical maps.

Please note that the plugin is still experimental and not much tested yet
(and only under windows)... So please be understanding in case of problems !

All feedback is welcome, either here or on
https://github.com/olivierdalang/VectorBender

Hope you like it !

Best,

Olivier