[Qgis-developer] have aggregate/window expressions ever been discussed?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Tue May 27 06:03:48 PDT 2014

Hugo Mercier wrote
> Or
>> calculated fields in view can't be explicitly cast, so QGIS should have
>> guess data type based on a data scan (a major unadressed issue of sqlite)
>
> Hmmm I wasn't aware of this limitation in SQLITE views :(

Yes, SQLITE does dynamic typing, so user or provider has to scan values to
guess the right type.
Here is a sqlite topic on that [0]
And here my initial post in qgis list [1]

[0]
http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/Computed-columns-in-VIEWs-return-NULL-but-should-be-able-to-be-typed-Any-ideas-td56769.html#a56770

[1]
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Spatialite-can-t-type-fields-of-a-view-td5058436.html