[Qgis-developer] Please stop spamming commit logs!

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Fri Oct 10 03:32:04 PDT 2014

Hi Jürgen,

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 10. Oct 2014 at 11:26:57 +0200, Anita Graser wrote:
>> As Jürgen mentioned, we discussed this:
>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/PSC_Meeting_7_Feb_2014
>> My interpretation is that the PSC agreed on allowing giving credit to
>> funders in commit messages. Obviously I promised to write something
>> along these lines in the governance docs, but that might have gotten
>> lost in my todo pile:
>
> You can't as we didn't decide anything, did we?  I don't see a point in
> guidelines - either it's allowed or it's not.

My interpretation of the discussion is that Paolo, Richard, and me
+1ed allowing crediting funders, while you gave it a 0. No other PSC
members were present.
Based on that, it would be allowed and it should probably be stated
somewhere that "yes, it is allowed to credit funders in the commit
messages".
Or do you mean that not enough PSC members voted?

Best wishes,
Anita