[Qgis-developer] Virtual Fields - Allow adding fields out of edit mode

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue Oct 14 01:10:14 PDT 2014

Hi Matthias,

Am 14.10.2014 09:56, schrieb Matthias Kuhn:
> Hi Bernhard

>>> I think it's more predictable (and therefore increases usability) for
>>> users if it's either always on or always off by default. Don't you
>>> think?
>>
>> Ok, agreed, so I opt for "always on" because it will always work
>
> It should be "always on" for providers that do not allow to add
> attributes.

But thus the behaviour is not predictable either (from a user's point of
view, who is just loading data into his/her project). Virtual field will
_always_ work, no matter which provider.

For others both options always work and I prefer to keep the
> previous behavior (without broad agreement that this should be changed,
> if you convince some people I may change my mind ;-) ).

Anybody has an opinion on this?

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 10558 (20141014) __________

http://www.eset.com