[Qgis-developer] Which saga version in osgeo4w

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 22:49:49 PDT 2014

The problem is that each version has plenty of changes: modules that
disappear or change name, parameters that are renamed for no reason, etc.
It's a lot of work to keep track of them. The person writing that post has
found a patch for _one_ algorithm and for _one_ version (2.1.2). There are
+300 algorithms, and we support 2 versions, but not 2.1.2 yet and not the
upcoming 2.1.3, which has a lot of changes in syntax.

The idea for the future is to support the latest one, and we have already
talked to the SAGA team to avoid those changes if not really needed. We
also were considering the option of forking the project and freezing it, so
we use our own SAGA and we have no issues when a new one is released
(specially in linux)