[Qgis-developer] Vector equivalent of a VRT

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Fri Oct 24 07:42:22 PDT 2014

On 2014/10/24 16:36, Andre Joost wrote:
> Am 24.10.2014 um 16:16 schrieb Zoltan Szecsei:
>> Hi All,
>> I've been googling around, but cannot find what I'm hoping for.
>>
>> Is there a VRT implementation for vector data?
>>

> Surely:
>
> http://www.gdal.org/drv_vrt.html
>
> unfortunately, there is no easy-to use transformation for it.
>
> From the page:
>> The virtual files are currently normally prepared by hand.
>
> And hence QGIS can not save into that format.
>

> HTH,
> André Joost

Yep. Looking at it now - thanks Alexia as well.

-1 for me not trying harder before posting :-)
Regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za