[Qgis-developer] QuickOSM as default plugin for OSM data

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Sep 4 04:28:32 PDT 2014

Il 04/09/2014 13:24, Anita Graser ha scritto:
> Hi Matteo,
> Thanks for raising this issue! From my (user) perspective, I totally
> agree that QuickOSM is much more usable than the current core OSM
> functionality (which I cannot get to work properly at all). I cannot
> comment on the dev perspective too much though but it does not seem
> like the current OSM core plugin is the best technical solution
> either.

I also agree that the mainstream solution is not quite usable to me, and reducing
duplications is always good.
So, if there are no good technical reasons to avoid this, I'd prefer to have QuickOSM
in core, and current functions hidden or removed.
Thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html