[Qgis-developer] WFS-alike plugin with caching: approach? (Was WFS still fetches everything)

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 12:51:36 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'd like to enhance a WFS-alike Python plugin with caching.
Currently it simply creates a vector layer and attaches a REST
webservice on it which returns GeoJSON.
>From this time, the layer is not controlled anymore by the plugin and
reloads everytime the layer get's zoomed/panned or after QGIS project
is re-opened.
Now I'd like to refactor it and get more control over the layer and
implement caching.
1. What would be the best approach to implement the caching ? With a temp file?
2. How to tell QGIS after reloading the project, that the plugin is
needed (on a different machine or in case the plugin got
de-installed)?

Cheers, S.