[Qgis-developer] processing algs description files missing

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 03:24:11 PDT 2015

Hi Larissa,

> Hello,
> I'm currently filling out the description files for the processing
> algorithms. It struck me that there are description files for 'Raster
> calculator', 'Buffer vectors', 'Create points along lines' and
> 'Dissolve Polygons' missing. Is there a reason why you didn't prepare
> them ? Can we create some afterwards?

If I'm not wrong, some algorithms were added after 2.8.0 branching and
available only in master. As documentation repository currently contains
docs for 2.8 I did not update help files.

If something is missed I can generate this files and upload them to GitHub.

> I have a question concerning one parameter that is often used in the
> algs: Addditional creation parameters (optional). This is for example
> available
> in 'Clip raster by extent'. What kind of parameters can I use here?

As Victor said this parameter allow to enter additional options, not
presented as GUI elements. For example, one can specify raster
layer creation options like compression algorithm, BigTIFF support
etc. Also you can specify here any other valid options of the
corresponding GDAL/OGR command-line tool.

Hope this helps
--
Alexander Bruy