[Qgis-developer] Troubles with qwtpolar

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sun Aug 16 11:29:26 PDT 2015

Short background:

History:
 * qwtpolar is used for showing the satellite map on the gps widget
 * ubuntu, debian (osgeo4w, mac I guess) don't ship qwtpolar packages
 * therefore qwtpolar source code is shipped with the qgis source code
 * the qwtpolar source code in the qgis repository is no longer
compatible with the latest qwt library

 * update the qwtpolar source code in the qgis repository
 * remove the satellite display (that's what's currently done when
qwtpolar is disabled)
 * re-implement the satellite display without unpackaged external
dependencies (I'd love to see somebody do that, e.g. a QML component
would be great)

Until then: make sure you have an old qwt library ready (qwt < 6.1),
have a system that ships a recent version of qwtpolar (e.g. Fedora) or
turn off WITH_QWTPOLAR.

Cheers,
Matthias