[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.10.1 currently uninstallable on Debian sid?

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 28 00:34:55 PDT 2015

On 28-08-15 09:24, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 28/08/2015 09:17, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
>
>> With the ongoing GCC 5 transitions and the uninstallable build
>> dependencies this causes, reporting the issue is not much use. You just
>> need to wait for the GCC 5 transitions to settle down and have Debian
>> unstable return to normal.
>
> Sorry I was unclear - I'm referring to the qgis.org repo, not to the
> Debian one.

Still the pretty much the same build dependencies.

> Thanks for the feedback (and BTW, any idea on how long will it take to
> complete the gcc5 transition?).

No, but now that vacations and DebConf are over it seems to be speeding
up a bit. Many maintainers have not prepared the GCC 5 transition for
their libraries packages yet, so it's up to a few DDs how care enough to
get those done too.

My guess it's going to take at least another month or two. Maybe longer,
so I hope to get my distribution back as a Christmas present and that we
won't need to make "Finish GCC 5 transitions" a New Years resolution.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1