[Qgis-developer] "This plugin is broken, invalid syntax"

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 03:00:02 PST 2015

Hi,

the problem is not Python not liking the "-" but that the name of the
folder inside the zip package did not match the plugin name.

The error message that appears when you upload such a plugin should be
clear enough, if it isn't please suggest a better error message and I
will change it:

" Plugin name mismatch: the plugin main folder name in the compressed
file (QgisGeoJSONExportPlugin) is different from the original plugin
package name (QgisGeoJSONExportPlugin-master)."

> The problem was the name of the folder "QgisGeoJSONExportPlugin-master"
> (python does not like the '-'). The solution was to remove the plugin and
> re-submit it with a folder name without '-'.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc
>

> On 17/02/15 16:38, Marc Ducobu wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I try to install my plugin, QgisGeoJSONExportPlugin, with the "Manage
>> and Install Plugins..." dialog, the message "This plugin is broken, invalid
>> syntax" is displayed.
>>
>> I think that the reason is I uploaded my plugin as
>> "QgisGeoJSONExportPlugin-master.zip" file containing a
>> "QgisGeoJSONExportPlugin-master" folder and python does not like the '-'. Am
>> I right ? How to solve the problem ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Marc
>>

> --
> Marc Ducobu
> Champs Libres
> http://www.champs-libres.coop
> +32 494 91 52 47
>
> Champs Libres Cooperative SCRLFS
> Rue Jean Bury 23 - 4000 Liège - Belgique
> BE0541.427.670

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it