[Qgis-developer] Layer properties dialogue: OK/Cancel not active anymore?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 22:09:39 PST 2015

Hi Jonathan

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 12:49 AM, Jonathan Moules <J.Moules at hrwallingford.com
> wrote:

> I wonder, might it be worth adding a test for it as well? Now that QGIS
> has unit tests, the more the merrier?

In general writing unit tests for graphical interface code is difficult and
they are of limited use. They are typically fragile, they add maintenance
overhead and there are too many states to test. Those who know [1]
recommend to focus on tests for the core logic (in our case mainly
qgis_core library). GUI bugs are usually minor and easy to spot and fix,
while core logic bugs cause most of serious problems.

Cheers
Martin

[1] http://misko.hevery.com/about/