[Qgis-developer] Export to web: OpenLayers, Leaflet, Threejs

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:58:14 PST 2015

Hi all,

+1000 for this merge

René-Luc and I have also created a very simple (unpublished) plugin as a
proof of concept to export pseudo mercator tiles from the project layers,
very similar to QTiles plugin, but with a simple but usefull addition :
Tiles are first saved in a mbtiles database, then exported to a simple
architecture similar to TMS but with no duplicates in tiles. For example, a
completely blue tile from the ocean will be stored only once. A JSON file
stores the correspondance between zoom / x and y and each png.
We have a simple but usefull leaflet tilelayer definition which can use
this particular format, thanks to the plugin "Functionnal tilelayer" (
https://github.com/ismyrnow/Leaflet.functionaltilelayer )

So no revolution here, no real new concept, but a very simple way to export
QGIS rendering to a format which can be used offline with any HTML browser,
which means it is usable with Iphone, android, etc.

I think we could add this kind of tiles export feature to the "merged"
plugin.

Anyway, let's gather people around to contribute !