[Qgis-developer] Attribute-table-to-CSV trouble

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri Jan 30 01:03:01 PST 2015

Hei Paolo,

Sounds good. Generally, it would be a significant improvement if the "Export function" in DB manager could allow other formats than shape. Here I think esp. of SQLite-ish formats for example, since shape is limited to 2GB and column names will probably have to be truncated and so on...

Regarding CSV-export however, I would expect that at least "copy and paste" and "Save as" is something users may frequently try (as it is probably also most natural to do so). So these functions should not fail easily or be dependent on data source (of course millions of records do not necessarily fit into memory in case of copy/paste), what do you think?
Is the OGR ID trouble a GDAL/OGR issue, or would it help if QGIS would provide the -preserve_fid option?
Do you want me to open ticket(s), also for the plugin issues never the less? BTW, I could not find the bug tracker for mmqgis, the links in the QGIS plugin homepage only lead to the plugin home page, which does not seem to have a bug tracker...

Cheers
Stefan