[Qgis-developer] The green lamp is on again

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Tue Jun 2 08:28:01 PDT 2015

Hi

The green lamp is going again!

Thanks a lot to everybody committing documentation updates, fixing tests
and providing inputs for the failing QgsAppStartup test.

On 06/02/2015 02:49 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
>> On 02 Jun 2015, at 18:15, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com
>> <mailto:madmanwoo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I'm all for strict unit test policy however they need to be able to
>> run on all platforms consistently in order to enforce that
>> correctly.  Taking the failing PyQgsAppStartup test on Travis, i just
>> ran it on my Linux setup and it passes fine, yet fails on Travis.
>> I'm skeptical of that test anyway but it does make it hard to fix
>> when it can't be reproduced..
>>
>> Compare to Traivs I get these two tests failing:
>>
>> The following tests FAILED:
>> 100 - PyQgsLocalServer (Failed)
>> 134 - PyQgsPalLabelingServer (Failed)
>
> Disabling a test is also a legitimate course of action - if the test
> does not run as expected and there is no reasonable way to see why in
> python you can tag it as ‘expected failure’ using the expectedFailure
> decorator. Obviously that should not be the default action when a test
> fails and should not be used to disable tests in masse, but disabling
> the test puts travis back into a testable state for other dev while
> you figure out the reason for the regression.

I just disabled part of this test to have the CI running again. It's a
rather hard-to-debug test since it runs in a subprocess. But this test
prevented me once from breaking the python initialization code, so it
would be good to be able to re-enable it.

Regards,
Matthias