[Qgis-developer] Data-defined symbol size is not backwards compatible to 2.8.2

Vincent Mora vincent.mora at oslandia.com
Thu Jun 4 10:52:29 PDT 2015

Hi Andreas,

On 02/06/2015 16:07, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> I found another issue with the new scaling method:
>
> For multi level point symbols we need to be able to define the scaling
> on the symbol level. However, when adding it on the symbol level, the
> same rule applies both on the parent marker and on the individual
> symbol level.
>
> What if one part of the symbol should be scaled differently than the
> other? We really need this to work on the indivual symbol levels, not
> on the parent marker - or at least make it optional that it scales the
> parent as well.

The marker size/rotation expression don' not actually exists, like the
marker size/rotation.

You can define different size/rotation expressions at the symbol level.
Each symbol can have it's own variation.

It's only in the particular case where the scale/rotation expressions of
all symbols composing a marker preserve the aspect ratio of the symbol
that it is recognized as a marker expression and displayed as such.

> As it works currently, I get a very different rendering in the map,
> compared to the preview in the legend ;-(

Can you file a bug repport for this if it's not fixed by
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2111 ?

Thanks,

V.