[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.8.2 for RHEL/EPEL 7

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:57:07 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 2:52 AM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I did the last builds and maintain the repository that is referenced on
> the webpage.
>
> Currently I am also building for 2.8.2 for RHEL 7 and upload into the
> repo referenced on the download page (same as Dave, no PyQWT but I think
> if that even is an issue, only for a very small portion of users).
>
> I recently (post 2.8) included a folder rpm in the QGIS sources that
> contains a script to build rpm packages.
>
> For RHEL 6 and CentOS 6 we should state that due to dependencies there
> is no version newer than 2.0.1 available currently due to old
> dependencies. It would require some contract work or developer time to
> get this into shape.

I have QGIS 2.4 building on RHEL 6 with Qt 5. I was planning on updating
the version in EPEL 6 to that, but I need to get some dependent packages
approved first. Also, I would like to use 2.8 since it's a LTR but I'll
need to get QScintillia built and packaged for Qt 5 before I can do that.
So basically, it's possible but will probably still be a little while.