[Qgis-developer] Bug priority for release

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Jun 12 06:41:39 PDT 2015

Paolo Cavallini wrote
> Actually, I'm surprised none of our big users already stepped in:
> maybe I'm missing something?
> All the best, and thanks.
> --

Hi all,  my feeling about this for corporations:

- Testers tends to become experts, skipping some use cases. I have million
rows in some Db's but that never would came to me to send them to any tool
without filtering it on SQL definition. I more commonly have thousands of
records, and QGIS does it. Knowing the limitations with attribute tables, I
don't test it a lot too.. So maybe almost nobody is testing that, when real
user will.. later.

- I'm sorry again I can't test more QGIS master by now, since I devote my
time to currently new features I funded (proportionnal mapping, next Mask
plugin version), and investigate more on QGIS server by now.

As a conclusion, I think every GIS administrator gets less and less time
testing when QGIS gets more mature and stable. That also means we have more
real uses. It is a very good sign to me, though we need to find solutions to
raise new testers and spread the working community.
Cheers
Régis