[Qgis-developer] Fwd: How to Iterate with process.runalg()

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 11:45:31 PDT 2015

*No bites on the qgis-user list, cross-posting to developers to fish for
more help.*

Hi folks,

What is the python console syntax for the equivalent of pushing the
"iterate over layers" processing button when using runalg() ? e.g.
"p.runalg(... iterative=yes)".

>From "Additional functions for handling data" section in the training
manual it likely has something to do with "getfeatures(layer)" but I'm not
sure how to use these together.

More at
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/150703/interactive-for-each-item-in-do-in-qgis/151042#151042

I tried to figure this out myself using the "Processing >> History and log"
dialog, but that doesn't show any results when the Iterate button is
depressed. In the following screen shot, the bottom two "INFO" entries are
for an iterative processing operation, but they don't have corresponding
"ALGORITHM" entries. While the topmost "INFO" corresponds to the one and
only "ALGORITHM" entry, which wasn't iterative.

​

I'm using 32bit QGIS 2.8 on Windows (via Osgeo4w).

best regards,

Matt