[Qgis-developer] Moving map content: interference by overlying objects

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Jun 18 09:07:27 PDT 2015

Hi all,
in Print composer, if an object (e.g. an ellipse) overlays partly or
totally a map, it will not allow to move the content of the selected map
below it. I can understand the rationale, but I believe that once
selected the map should be movable. This is especially unexpected in
case of an unfilled ellipse|rectangle|triangle.
More generally, I got accustomed to using the move content, but I still
think it's a bit cumbersome, and a better system could possibly be
devised. How similar software behave?
All the best, and thanks.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu