[Qgis-developer] Difference between two layers doesn't remove any features

Etienne Trimaille etienne.trimaille at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 07:27:10 PDT 2015

Hi dev,

I'm using qgis master and I'm trying to use the difference tool between two
layers (from the vector menu and processing).

On the map canvas, the result looks fine, I get less features displayed.
However my result layer contains exactly the same number of features than
my original layer.

Running the "check validity" from processing, I get a lot of "Unknown
geometry type 0".
I can't use this layer in any processing algorithm :

"QgsFeature.setGeometry(QgsGeometry): argument 1 has unexpected type
'NoneType'"

I don't know which algorithms may be affected by this kind of bug.

It's working fine on qgis 2.8.

Regards,
Etienne