[Qgis-developer] Is the new release schedule a success?

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Tue Jun 30 11:14:57 PDT 2015

This post is in no way a criticism of any of the QGIS team and their
monumental efforts or their fabulous product. However, I thought someone
should question how successful the four-monthly release schedule is. 2.8
immediately needed 2.8.1, and there seems to be the chance that 2.10 is
immediately going to need 2.10.1.

Is the predestined release schedule meaning that the devs simply cannot test
as much as they need? Alternatively, should the feature freeze be extended?

Anyway, keep up the fabulous work, all of you. My organization has never
looked back since migrating to QGIS, and it is only getting better and
better.

Thanks

Tom