[Qgis-developer] Python: how to call showItemOptions() in QgsComposer?

Luca Manganelli luca76 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 04:30:24 PDT 2015

Hi,

I wrote a plugin that makes a custom Print Layout and then adds the
map element (QgsComposerMap object) with the pushAddRemoveCommand().

I would like to show the properties of the map element in the dock
automatically, but I see the "properties" of the <empty> layout
element, althrough the new element on history is selected.

The method  showItemOptions() cannot be used because it's not in the API.

I tried to emit the signal by hand in python:

  cMap = QgsComposerMap( ... )
  composerView.selectedItemChanged.emit ( cMap )
     (or)
  composition.selectedItemChanged.emit ( cMap )

the script doesn't give any error, but it has no effect.