[Qgis-developer] Recache qgis.org and subpages

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Mar 13 03:08:06 PDT 2015

On 13-03-15 10:57, Lene Fischer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just got a mail from a GIS administrator. She is a bit confused when I
> talk about 2.8 Wien. When she looks at QGIS.org and the download page –
> it shows 2.6.
>
> Can we change the Recache, so when a new version is launched the users
> get the new page too?

Hi Lene,

we already did some work on that. Actually the download page:

http://www2.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html

has already 'special headers' telling it expires within one day:

Accept-Ranges	bytes
Cache-Control	max-age=86400
Connection	Keep-Alive
Content-Encoding	gzip
Content-Length	7782
Content-Type	text/html
Date	Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:06:06 GMT
Etag	"4448cc-733e-5104d9b9adbc1"
Expires	Sat, 14 Mar 2015 10:06:06 GMT
Keep-Alive	timeout=5, max=100
Last-Modified	Mon, 02 Mar 2015 12:46:32 GMT
Server	Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
Vary	Accept-Encoding

Are they maybe caching the pages theirselves?

Is there something else we can do? Caching guru's please chime in...

Regards,

Richard