[Qgis-developer] graph and plots improvements?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Wed Mar 18 13:15:26 PDT 2015

Matthias Kuhn-2 wrote
> https://github.com/Sharpie/qgis-ipython

I wan't aware of that plugin. For QGIS, I forsee something like that for
users:

 - embed pandas and make some teasing of what is possible with that with
some processing scripts for power users

 - find a way to embed updatable graphs outputs in qgis console (ipython or
even more: bridge to ipython notebook ?) and composer.
BTW I'm really interested in testing Plotly collaborative platform.. Could
we find a way to embed plotly graphs in QGIS just like other graphs? For
those who don't know plotly, just give it a try at plot.ly . You can
generate graphs from many API's (python, javascripts), inline app, or excel
tools, publish them and share them on the web.. fork them.. It's a github
thing for graphs..

 - upgrade statist to make use of it, to speed up things, and have a more
concise code, add ouptut options  (bars, plots, boxplots), add some
dedicated options to times series ( resample on time frame)

All I want is to find a way to explore data, and give tools to my end users
for which QGIS has become the best data exploring tool we have (thanks to
its wonderfull data connectivity capacities, and also the geospatial thing..
)

Opinions?