[Qgis-developer] issue with QGIS via citrix

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Fri May 22 21:33:01 PDT 2015

Wisse -

You might have some kind of network problem that pops up up between you
Citrix server and the network share used to store the shape files. Try
to create a share locally on the Citrix server and  save the shape files
to this share instead.

The problem could be some kind of file access conflict with several
users reading the shape file at the same time as another user is trying
to edit the same shape-file. Try to edit the shape-file at a time when
you are sure no other user are accessing the file.

When you have a multi-user, perhaps multi-edit environment as yours my
strong, general advise is to store the data in a database like
postgresql/postgis. Any file based format like shape-files, tab-files or
spatialite is not suitable for this kind of environment.

Bo Victor Thomsen
AestasGIS
Denmark