[Qgis-developer] Plugin migratin -> mailing list?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Nov 8 09:05:58 PST 2015

Hi all,

Il 08/11/2015 12:42, Raymond Nijssen ha scritto:

> For now, let's ask Paolo in what way he is intended to use this.

I'm surprised of all this discussion. I think the situation is quite clear:
* we have a problem: major changes in QGIS will break most or all plugins
* we do not want to leave authors alone in dealing with this
* the best solution we thought of is to write announcements and tips to
help them
* we can send a message to 299 addresses, but it is easier and safer if
we use software designed for it, and our good old Mailman seems the
natural solution
* this allows the list of addresses to be kept secret, and to let people
unsubscribe (and eventually subscribe) if they wish.
I frankly do not do not see the issue, sorry.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu