[Qgis-developer] Convoluted Plugin structure

Pedro Camargo veigacamargo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:51:21 PST 2015

Hi there, I hope this is the right list to send my question to.

      I am currently developing a QGIS plugin (Python + Cython) for
transportation planning/modeling that has a LOT of stuff built-in.

      Let me explain my current problem with an example.

      To perform traffic assignment on a network, I have two steps:

1 - Convert the link layer into a graph
2 - Perform traffic assignment

   For a number of technical reasons pertinent to the transportation
modeling practice, these steps NEED to be independent.

   What i want is to be able to run the first step (with its own GUI) and,
when running the 2nd step (a different GUI), accessing directly the results
of the first step in memory.

   My question is: Is there a way to do this?  Can I run a Python plugin
and leave something in memory for a different procedure to pick it up and
use it?

 My current approach is pickling the object that contains the graph and
dumping to disk, but it seems not really elegant.

Thanks,

Pedro

PS - Old description of the tool is in www.aequilibrae.com