[Qgis-developer] Tool to pick up linear referencing measure from mouse

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Mon Nov 23 09:00:50 PST 2015

Hi,
I'm having a classical use case here. Before starting a new plugin, and
since it is a very common task in GIS, I would like to know if anyone has
made something alike:

- I have a postgis db with LINESTRINGM routes (watercourses already
calibrated with measures).

- I have a non geometric table registering events with start and end
measures + identifier of my routes (watercours ID).

- I create my event in the attribute table, with one ID and two manually
typed measures, then a view cast it to spatial view using
locate_beetween_measure function.

I would like to create a form with two tools dedicated to "pick up" my route
and the measure. i've done it in Arcview 3.2 once in the old past..
What could be the current better and simpler approach in QGIS?

LRS plugin does not have that feature, and requires to recalibrate layers
from scratch.

Could we dream for the future of a new generic form widget with custom
expressions to get attributes or geometric information from a layer (with
snapping options )?

Cheers

Régis