[Qgis-developer] QGIS docs

Michael Kirk michael.john.kirk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:31:37 PST 2015

Hi,

I’m trying to wrap my head around the state of documentation in QGIS.

There is:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation
and
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website

It seems like qgis/QGIS-Documentation corresponds to http://docs.qgis.org
Whereas qgis/QGIS-Website corresponds to http://qgis.org

That makes sense.

However, then things get weird for me:

This page http://www.qgis.org/en/docs/index.html links to 2.8 docs (see https://hub.qgis.org/issues/13212 <https://hub.qgis.org/issues/13212> about getting 2.10/2.12 up)

But when I look at the source:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/source/docs/index.rst <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/source/docs/index.rst>

The latest version referenced is QGIS 2.2

Can anyone link me to the source for this page that’s actually building the site?

Also, can you shed some light on how the site *actually* get built/published operationally? Is there just someone with the keys to the web server that builds it and uploads the HTML when they get time? Is anyone currently responsible for this?

Thanks for any help! Excited to help contribute to the QGIS Docs and eager to make other folks more productive that I was when I first came to QGIS.