[Qgis-developer] Travis Tests Failing: Disable Grass 7 Tests

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 26 11:25:21 PST 2015

On 26-11-15 09:50, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> I just disabled grass 7 Tests because of Travis failures [1]. This was
> not introdced by malicious code but by disappearing packages from a ppa.
> I think it was in grass-stable which is now empty and says that grass
> gis packages are maintained in ubuntugis-unstable [2]. It looks to me as
> if the packages from ubuntugis can no longer be installed side-by-side
> (6 and 7).

Correct. The UbuntuGIS packages use the Debian GIS packaging, which is
not co-installable.

The upstream grass packages for Ubuntu will now be maintained by the
GRASS developers in UbuntuGIS instead of their own PPA.

The Ubuntu packages may regain the ability to co-install, I'm not sure
what Martin's plans are about that. That's still something we need to
discuss.

> If anybody has more information regarding this please let us know

It was briefly discussed on grass-dev, see:

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2015-November/077439.html

Kind Regards,

Bas

--