[Qgis-developer] Processing scripts in stand-alone Python scripts

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Mon Nov 30 06:23:59 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Victor Olaya <volayaf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think this must be related to the configuration of the plugins folder.
>>
>> The script provider reads scripts in the scripts folder, which is
>> configured as an option. Maybe that setting is not available in your
>> stand-alone script...since it is stored using QSettings. You can check
>> it calling ScriptUtils.scriptsFolder()
>>

> ​from processing.script.ScriptUtils import *
> print ScriptUtils.scriptsFolder()
>
> if run in stand-alone, returns a wrong folder:
> ​/home/agraser/temp/standaloneprocessing/processing/scripts
> (/home/agraser/temp/standaloneprocessing is the location of my stand-alone
> script)
>
> ​instead of the correct folder in the QGIS console: u'
> ​​
> /home/agraser/.qgis2/processing/scripts'.
>
> Seems like we are getting closer to where the real issue is hiding. Imho
> it makes little sense that the paths appear relative to the stand-alone
> script's location.

​If I move the stand-alone script into ​
​
/home/agraser/.qgis2/, I can execute it and it finds my custom Processing
script.

In any other location the script fails because Processing uses the wrong
scripts folder.

I'd rather not hard-code the scripts folder. Do you have an idea how to
make Processing use its "default" scripts folder rather than something in
the stand-alone script's location?

Thanks and best wishes,
Anita