[Qgis-developer] Inverted polygon renderer and shapeburst fill in qgis server tiles

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Thu Oct 1 01:03:13 PDT 2015

Hi Régis,

On 30/09/2015 09:03, Régis Haubourg wrote:
> Hi Nyall,
> thanks very much for the pointer, we know now where to look for a solution.
> Another hypothesis, couldn't that be the inverted polygon renderer that is
> sending a polygon clipped by map extent + a margin ? If this is the case, we
> could simply put a greater margin value. Maybe Hugo at oslandia knows that.

I am not sure to understand the problem, i.e. what happens with qgis
server that does not with the regular map canvas ?

But to answer your question, there is already a margin taken around the
map extent :
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/core/symbology-ng/qgsinvertedpolygonrenderer.cpp#L95

This is completely arbitrary (x5), but this is just to cheat the concept
of an "inverted" geometry that does not really exist in QGIS. So we can
bump up the factor to say x10 ... and it will just translate the problem
a bit further ...

The solution proposed by Nyall (adding the possibility to have an
infinite distance if I understood correctly) is better I think.