[Qgis-developer] new dependency on GEOS C++ library

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Oct 1 04:43:56 PDT 2015

Hi Sandro,

In https://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/713#comment:17, Sandro Mani wrote:
> First thing to decide IMO is how to proceed for QGIS 2.12: I can fix my
> geos_extra to construct the precision reducer correctly, get the fix
> commited, and then as far as QGIS 2.12 is concerned things are ok and then we
> can take the time to design a proper C API for GEOS. If this is okay with
> you, I'll do that and then yes, we can continue where we left of on the
> mailing list.

We now depend on something that is not even in the latest GEOS and we also
build on platforms/distributions that would be behind even if the latest GEOS
supported this.  So the geosextra stuff and the geos C++ dependency will have
to stay for those.  In OSGeo4W I'll just update the patch in the GEOS package -
as we don't ship the C++ API there anyway - to avoid trouble with the compiler
abi zoo on windows.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode