[Qgis-developer] Pending PRs

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Tue Oct 6 09:01:07 PDT 2015

Hi,

Probably I did not understand how a new addition to the code is supposed
to work ...

I received commit rights some times ago.

I've been using them very carefully, since I don't want to force
anything and prefer to know the feelings about design / architecture of
other devs before adding something. I consider this to be a good practice.

But it becomes problematic when deadlines should be met, usually because
funders have to know with some confidence in which release a new feature
is going to be included.

And I thought in this case if minor aspects (or even bugs) of a PR is
being discussed as the feature freeze is pronounced, the PR could be
merged provided fixes will be delivered asap (including during the freeze).

#2189 had a bit more bugs than I initially thought (UI parts are not
always easy to test), but I don't think it has major design issues ...
and I am not sure other devs think it has (Nyall ? Martin ?). So I don't
understand why it's stuck.

In this situation it's exactly as if I've been granted useless commit
rights ...

The #2322 is a little bit more of a hack, so I recognize there may be
matter of discussion (Jürgen ? Marco ?)