[Qgis-developer] Geometry Checker contra Topology Checker

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 11:33:16 PDT 2015

Hi,

> Is it Geometry Checker replacement for Topology Checker? It has more
> options but does not support multiple layers. What is the future,
> Geometry Checker or Topology Checker or both merged together?

this is the classic example of bad redundancy we would need to remove
in QGIS. Not only we have now the geometry checker and the topology
checker, but there is also a core python tool to check for geometry.
It seems to me that the last two should should eventually be merged in
the first one, considered that they do not offer any tool to fix the
geometries and that they have a few issues (slow, problems with
reprojected layers, false positives, etc.).

cheers

-- g --