[Qgis-developer] Default fill/outline color for svg symbols

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Oct 11 06:01:20 PDT 2015

On 11-10-15 14:03, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> Try with current master - a784d6b implemented this change and also
> includes the modification required for just two preinstalled symbols
> (the first two in the accomodation group). So you can test the new
> behaviour with these two symbols and verify that there's no
> regressions with your other custom symbols (I'm confident there won't
> be).

Yep, tested and looking and working good for me!

I'm wondering though if the next step also won't be to have this same
behaviour with the border with, anchor point, because for a certain map
you want the same type of (heavy bordered) icons...

So 'open' questions from me:

- what about the simple and ellipse markers, can we maybe do without and
move the shapes to svg?

Should we not fix captions/terms to be the same (looking at lines and
different point dialogs):
- either choose 'rotation' or 'angle' (not using both)
- either choose 'pen' or 'border' ?
- color vs fill vs fill-color

Regards,

Richard