[Qgis-developer] Release count down on website.

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Oct 24 03:45:48 PDT 2015

Hi Tom,

On Sat, 24. Oct 2015 at 02:12:47 -0700, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> +1. I've told the developer of a plugin we commissioned that 2.10 was out,
> but his interpretation of the website was that it was not yet launched.

You probably mean 2.12 - 2.10 is four month old.

For me 2.12 is released - the release branch has been made and there is a new
tar ball of the released source code.  The feature freeze is over and
development can continue.

But that doesn't mean that packages are ready yet.  So while it might be nice
for the average user to know that that happenend, it has little practical
relevance until the packages are there.

The site now states that 2.12 is in packaging.  I'll announce the release once
(our) debian/ubuntu packages and windows packages are ready (and/or the visual
changelog is finished).

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode