[Qgis-developer] Plugin Management ( Documentation)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Oct 28 07:42:37 PDT 2015

Il 28/10/2015 15:32, Charles Shapiro ha scritto:
> The ShellDB plugin has a carefully written and maintained documentation
> page in a file called "ShellDB_Help.html".  Alas, it's buried in the
> ShellDB plugin directory ('~/.qgis2/python/plugins/ShellDB').  I worry
> that nobody sees it there and everyone thinks that I haven't made an
> effort on documentation.  Is there an Approved Way to present usage
> information for plugins that I've missed?

Thanks Charles for poiting this out.
In fact, we have various ways of presenting the documentation, e.g.:
* on the home page of the plugin
* as a submenu of the plugin menu

plugin1 --|--plugin1

          |--help

* as a menu of the plugin popup window
* etc.

IMO we should provide clear guidelines on where to put it.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu