[Qgis-developer] What's your view on QGIS plugins that connect to non-GPL software?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Sep 10 09:23:46 PDT 2015

Il 10/09/2015 17:39, Crispin Cooper ha scritto:
> Hi Vincent, thank you for your reply.
>
> The QGIS plugin would not be essential to the external process as sDNA works on its own anyway.  The external process would however be essential to the QGIS plugin.
>
> Is there any sort of official position on this, e.g. from the steering committee?

Hi,
I do not think we have an official position: we stick to the GPL
licence. I admit that the interpretation may be sometimes tricky, but in
these case it's only a lawyer (or better a judge) that can give a
definite answer.
In general I thin Vincent has outlined the prevailing interpretation.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu